Thursday, May 23, 2013

How To Share Slideshows in the Brave New Flickr

New Sets Homepage in Flickr
Flickr. It's great, innit?

So great, that when they changed it everyone thought it was awesome and everyone loved it the worst thing ever probably not that bad if they sort out the subscription issues.

I wanted to blog about the 2013 CSTS Vancouver event that's happening on Saturday, and since I have two sets of photos from the 2012 and 2010 events on Flickr I was going to add slideshows for them.

In the old Flickr it was pretty easy. Go to the set, view the slideshow and the link to share it appeared in the top right-hand corner.

Now, I consider myself to be pretty savvy with software. I teach people how to use many different programs, and I'm pretty good at it. But it took me more than 15 minutes to work out how to share using the new Flickr, and I think that's way too long.

The only reason I kept searching is that I was sure I would have heard people complaining about it. I don't want you to have to go through the same thing.

So, here's how you share slideshows in the new Flickr:

1. Select Set

2. Click on any photo in set and locate the three white dots on the bottom right corner:


3. Click on the three dots to reveal a new selection menu. Click on 'View Slideshow':


4. Once the Slideshow pages loads you will see a link to 'Share' in the top right corner:


5. Once you click on 'Share' you will see the link and embed code:


6. You are good to go!

And, to prove it, here's the above screengrabs as a slideshow, courtesy of Flickr :)



Let me know how you got on, and Happy Flickring!

No comments:

Post a Comment