I wasn't going to do a New Year post with all the stuff I'd done and what I'm going to do and how it was all about me. So I won't do that. I much prefer it when you talk about me, anyway :)
Things that have rocked my world in 2008:
- Felicia Day: Yeah, yeah, I know...! But, seriously, she has been inspirational and I heart her very much.
- The Guild: the funniest web series I've seen this year, bar none, and the best online Community.
- Dr Horrible: the best new Whedon's'es production this year plus a cool fansite
- Battlestar Galactica: intelligent, sexy sci-fi is not dead
- Firefly and Serenity: it's less than 12 months since I first saw them and I'm still recovering. And through them I've met so many wonderful people.
- Buffy: Between the Lines and Tabz: so glad I found them!
- Pink Raygun: so much geeky goodness - and a new home
- Kids Need To Read: a fantastic Literacy Foundation putting books where they are needed most.
- Twitter/Friendfeed/Plurk (sorry I've been absent....)/MyBlogLog: and all the online places where I can geek
- YouTube: source of entertainment and they even let me post my videos there
- Interviewing some wonderful, talented people and Whedonage for giving me a place.
So much to say
Really, I have a lot to say about what a huge year it had been. The ups, the downs, the journey, the people I've met, the friends I've made. I am not the same person I was 12 months ago. And by the same token, I'm more myself than I have been for years. And you have played your part, and I thank you (yes - you!) for that. Life is good, adventure is afoot and the New Year beckons with a wink and a smile. 2009 is going to be a stellar year. It's just I can't tell you why just now. Trust me. It's going to be good.