Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Identity Issues and New Guest Blogging

You know me, right?
Good ole WorldofHiglet, sometime Blogger and fangirl. Geek and wouldbe writer. In the past several months we've shared ups, we've shared downs, we've shared wobbly bits in the middle (though that last one could just be me). But one thing we've not shared is....names. Yes, I've been at pains to keep my real name away from just about everything. That is about to change.

I have some new guest posts 
Yes, I know I have done guest posts before, like the interview with PJ Haarsma on Whedonage. The difference with these new posts is that was actually paid to do them and I have published them under my real name. This is a big deal for me, so if you want to have a look, maybe leave a comment (pretty please), head over to ArtCulture.com. The lastest one is a groovy interview with Jensen from Gallery 1988 in LA. They have just had the second 'Crazy 4 Cult' exhibition featuring up and coming artists and a whole lot of cult movies. The Opening Party was hosted by Kevin Smith and Scott Mosier and the art is eye-popping.

So, there you have it
You may carry on about your normal business. The last geek bus home will continue it's meandering and marginally entertaining journey. The world will still turn. But something has definitely changed. I'm sure I've done the right thing. Haven't I?

16 comments:

  1. Names? Just another label put on us by "The Man(tm)".

    That being said, for me it depends on the purpose of the pseudonym and the crowd it's for. Of coruse, it does help that my /nick is very much a part of my general psyche. Just another version of the same, as it were.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But I already KNOW your real name!
    It's Leokadia. Remember when you told me? Well, you might not, you were pretty drunk at the time. You said you weren't about to have sex with someone who didn't know your name, so.. oh, wait. That wasn't you.

    ...um, never mind;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Nes,

    You are quite right, and my name now is not the name I had in my youth and so on...as for versions, you are doubly right. Blogging/tweeting/plurking as WoH is something I will continue to do because WoH is part of my identity.

    Ed: Yes, I think you are very much mistaken, but please don't feel bad. I'm sure Leokadia feels bad enough for all of us...:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ow! That stung. Did you mean that to sting? Because, um, that stung.
    Ow.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry Ed, the truth hurts sometimes :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The truth usually doesn't leave a welt the shape of a hand though, does it? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Was I too harsh? I'm pretty sure forensics wouldn't be able to match up the mark with me :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OPh I think it's blurred just enough to prevent any identification. Its' not as if I'm bleeding. Yet.
    You mgiht want to clean your fingernails though. Just in case.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you'll live to Tweet another day :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah but I'll limp a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  11. hehe just saying "hi" I've been in deep research mode and away from blogs and twitter for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Zoe, I guessed you were busy working :) You might Tweet later, then?

    ReplyDelete
  13. ...please where can I buy a unicorn?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm sorry I have no idea.

    Perhaps you could ask Jenni or Kenny from the Knights of The Guild podcast - they seem to know 'people'....

    ReplyDelete