Friday, May 8, 2009

Dollhouse and Castle: They deserve another season (or five!)

It's the season climax tonight on Dollhouse...
And I won't be watching. Huh? No, it's true, I won't. It's not that I don't want to, but rather that Hulu has decided to lock down even more and so Hotspot Shield doesn't work. I've missed the last three episodes of Dollhouse, my DVR isn't working and so I am resigned to not watching because I'd rather wait for the DVD to come out (Miracle Laurie is my new favourite actor!). I'll be honest, the first few episodes of Dollhouse did not thrill me, which has been one of the reasons I've not really blogged about it.  But from episode 6, "Man on the Street" it became the show I always hoped it would be and I was hooked. I ordered the DVD because I also wanted to see the unaired Felicia Day episode, too. One day we will find out the whole story behind this season. I can wait.

Campaign to save Dollhouse
There is one, of course. There's rumours, counter-rumours and downright speculation over whether Dollhouse will be renewed or not. And what the best way to ensure it is. There are various campaigns and Whedonesque has some details. I would say one easy and effective way is to send a tweet to @Foxbroadcasting telling them how much you enjoy the show.

Castle
Meanwhile Nathan Fillion's hugely enjoyable new series, Castle, is also apparently under the threat of cancellation. Castle is entertaining, witty and has Nathan Fillion in nearly every scene. I don't think I need to say more! And Nathan Fillion is now on Twitter, which is interesting...And - have you seen the xkcd.com cartoons this week featuring Nathan? Well check them out - hi-larious!

No comments:

Post a Comment