Monday, May 4, 2009

Podcast Mania! Chapter One now live :)


Work *can* be fun!
I've not slept much over the last few days, but I couldn't be happier. Chapter One of my novel "Turning Left at Albuquerque" is now up as a podcast on turningleft.podbean.com. I've been working on it with my wonderful hubby and it's been lots of fun. Years ago we were in a band and spent many long hours in various studios recording. It was a very different experience - we still have the enormous 24-track tapes in the garage from one session (yes - actual tapes!). But the thrill of producing something hasn't faded over time, and I hope you enjoy the results.

Patronage from an unexpected source
And you might notice that the podcast has a sponsor, British Radioweb Entertainment Worldwide. Their spokesperson, Lord Poncenby, has assumed the role of Master of Ceremonies, a role he is more than fit for. 

Knights of The Guild news!
And at the end of Chapter one you will hear a promo for the Knights of The Guild podcast. This is essential listening for any fan of The Guild as it covers news of the cast and crew, interviews and also fan interviews. Last night I was very privileged to be interview by Kenny and Jenni for the forthcoming episode. It was lots of fun! I'll let you know when that episode is up.

Putting it out there
Aside from the work involved in doing something like writing a book or producing a podcast/webseries/art is the risk involved. People might not like it or be indifferent. It might change the way people think about you. For me this podcast is bringing together my online life and my 'real' life. That's a little bit scary. But it's worth it. 

Joining in
If you enjoy the podcast you can comment on the Podbean site, make a comment here, join the Face group or @ me on Twitter. I'd really like to know what you think! Chapter two will be out on Friday 8th May, so not much time to wait to find out what happens to Jason next....!

No comments:

Post a Comment