Monday, October 26, 2009

Stargate: Universe - Too much is never enough, plus writerly news


(Ming-Na and Jamil Walker Smith at the Stargate: Universe Q&A on the Syfy.com press tour)

Do you have a spare few minutes?
Then you might be interested in my account of the recent Syfy.com press tour, Part 2 - the Stargate: Universe set tour, now up on PinkRaygun.com. It was a heady day and, in my wish to share the whole experience, the article is long. But totally worth it if you've been wondering what the heck we got up to that day. And better yet, there's still my reports from the Caprica, Sanctuary and Alice sets still to come. Admit it - you're excited! :)

More reports?
I was at the Surrey International Writer's Conference 2009 (SiWC2009) last week. Wow - it was intense! I've done the first of those reports on my writer's blog. I've never been to a writer's conference before and I was totally unprepared for it - but in a good way. I never imagined it was going to be half as good as it was. If you are a writer, or hope to be one, I can highly recommend it.

Turning Left at Albuquerque
And don't forget that the audiobook podcast of 'Turning Left at Albuquerque' is continuing on turningleft.podbean.com. We're now up to Omnibus 17. Last week I posted a poll where you can vote on who should play Jason and Andy in the film version. So far Simon Pegg and Nick Frost are out in front with no votes for Zaboo and Vork, or Bladezz and Wade. It's easy to vote, you don't even need to register, so why not have a pop?

No comments:

Post a Comment