Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Happy Blogaversary: Part 1. In the Beginning...


Two years of fun and frolics on the last geek bus home.
Doesn't time fly? Seems like only yesterday I watched Firefly for the first time and was consumed with the thought that I was missing out on the awesome. From my first post, "numfar, do the dance of shame..." to yesterday's technobabble, I've racked up 317 posts covering subjects as diverse as blog layouts, Captain Kirk, Star Wait, a whole slew of Whedony-related ramblings, sci-fi plus, of course, The Guild and Felicia Day.

Felicia was one of first people to comment here (although I didn't even realise it was her...). To all the people who have read and commented I offer a huge - THANK YOU! Blogging is a lonely sport when no one reads or comments. I'm always happy when lurkers decloak and say something. These days I'm all over the web and I talk to people on Twitter, Friendfeed and Facebook daily (and now Google Buzz?). I still enjoy reading and responding to comments here, though (hint, hint).

Speaking of Twitter...
I asked people on Twitter what they wanted from this two-year extravaganza post and it was unanimous - you want to see more of the silly searches that people use. I can't blame you - they are hilarious.... I did this once before and it proved very popular. BUT! Before that here's a few scintillating facts from Google Analytics about this blog:

People from all over the world ride the last geek bus:

Posts about The Guild seem to be the most popular:


Searches for naughty things are also popular:


And now here's some lists of random searches that have brought people to my little blog.

Totally Random:
  • 2 horse 1 speedo
  • a geek catches a sexy fairy comic
  • autobus erotic scene
  • blogspot boypants
  • bookends sex store
  • bus station geeks
  • bus-do you wanna f*ck
  • harrison ford chest Indiana
  • galactica chest hair
  • velour fetish (12 searches for this!!!)
Searches that piqued my interest
  • gorgeous tiny chicken machine show nathan fillion
  • casting call for pj haarsma the softwire
  • channel 7 news felicia becker
  • compilation of fan-created applications to the evil league of evil
  • delicia fay +interview
  • unicow costume (4 searches)
  • how to make a vork avatar costume
  • good questions to ask for an interview for guild
Searches where I think they got an answer
  • chick from the guild legend of neil dr horrible 
  • do i have to watch webisodes before bsg premiere?
  • does felicia day sing 'do you want to date my avatar'
  • who plays riley on the guild?
  • who plays zaboo in the guild
  • sean becker fired (17 searches and lots more combos for this!)
You want to what my who-now?
  • do you wont to dat mi avatr
  • do you want to sate my avatar
  • do you want to dave my avatar
  • do you wanna date my avbatar
  • do you wanna date my avitar
All about Felicia:
  • felicia day ticklish
  • felicia day save my soul
  • felicia day makes my heart ache
  • felicia day librarian
  • felicia day kim evey monkey sock
  • felicia day is egotistical
  • fanfiction codex zaboo
There were also all manner of searches with the word 'erotic' in them that I'm not going to share. Just know that I would think twice about tagging any posts with that word again (and I totally blame Zoe Winters, because it is actually her fault...).


In Part 2 I'm going to recap some of my most memorable posts and adventures  - so if you have a favourite please let me know and I'll include it!