Thursday, August 14, 2008

Insight 101, Part 2 - what have we learned?

Sex sells?
Following on from the last post, you'll be interested to know there has been no abatement of the people visiting WorldofHiglet's Weblog looking for more information about Felicia Day in Hotel Erotic Cabo. But what else did we learn? 

Social Media: it works!
Well, it does, up to a point. A lot of the traffic that comes to my blog comes from people who have seen my Tweets, or comments on Friendfeed, or who have found me on MyBlogLog. And I'm more than pleased to see that Kids Need To Read are now on Twitter! This could be the push you needed to sign up for Twitter at last. And check out the KNTR YouTube page...Yes, Social Media. I will have a lot more to say on this subject soon.

Who's got the answers? Search me...
The other thing we learned is that people search for the oddest thing. 'Boy Pants' - really? 'Velour Fetish' well...maybe. So I'll be keeping an eye on you. I wonder what the most obscure search item will be next week?!

2 comments:

  1. I think social media works, it just takes time. And it's about quality more than quantity. It's better to have 20 visitors on your site who are in love with what you do, than 200 visitors who are only mildly interested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I think that's the key. You can use all sorts of 'methods' to drive traffic to your site but if your content is not interesting to them most will stay only long enough to click back out of there.

    Subscribers and returning visitors are the key, but that can't be the only reason you blog if you are going to sustain it. It has to be enjoyable for you and your audience, otherwise it's a chore for you and your visitors will dry up. Apparently. :)

    ReplyDelete