Friday, July 18, 2008

Dr Horrible Act III - plus news of exclusive interviews!



The Curtain Call for Dr Horrible? 
Let's hope it's not the end of everything, but in about 7 hours (midnight, Eastern Time) Act III of Dr Horrible will be live. And then you only have until Sunday to watch for free before they all disappear off the Internet. But that isn't the end of it. Oh no! Because the DVD will be out soon with a whole host of exciting extras including - get this - a musical commentary!

Interviews? With whom?
Over on the Official Fan Site exciting news of TWO exclusive interviews that are to be published this afternoon. Dr Blog Bot, the webmaster of the Doctor Horrible Fansite, has done a exclusive telephone interview with writers Maurissa Tancharoen and Jed Whedon and also an interview with Felicia Day. They haven't been published yet, but keep an eye on the front page for them - they will be up before Act III airs. And, in case you missed it, Dr Blog Bot herself was interviewed by TalkingHeadTV.com yesterday.

Don't delay
If you've seen Act I and II you will know that you can't miss Act III. And if you haven't seen them yet then go straight to the Official Site and watch them! The acting, singing, writing - everything is so good I can't even tell you. And anyway, Mad Horse is watching and you don't want to get on the wrong side of him. Really. 

11 comments:

  1. Hi, My name is Rory my mission is to cyber-harrass all trekkies in the known blogosphere.
    Star Trek is nonsense, the pseudo-science is rubbish, and Spock has no deep existential wisdom.
    I hope this has not hurt your feelings, I think being a geek is cool, but watching TV is so boring.
    Live long, get a life and prosper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well thanks, Rory/Graycrow, for your unusual interpretation of a comment! After all the in-depth discussion of Star Trek we've indulged in here, you really gave me a new perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  3. graycrow you remind me of that immortal dude in the Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy trilogy whose mission was to go around and insult every single person in the universe :)

    He rides across the nation
    the thoroughbred of sin
    He got the application
    that you just sent in

    I've watched the first and second acts already two or three times :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Chiya,

    Now that was a great comment :)

    And you can't beat the Bad Horse for pithy communiques! I've been singing that all day (and not just in my head, much to the annoyance of the local vicinity).

    Just done a time check and yes, it's less than 4 hrs now until Act III. Plus the Felicia interview is up at doctorhorrible.net now. And the Jed/Maurissa one is due very soon I'm told!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love the Hitchhiker's Guide, if he wasn't such a committed athiest, God rest his soul (now that's irony), I would say Douglas Adams is GOD!!!
    See ya'll at the restaurant at the end of the universe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, see you there. Goodbye and thanks for all the fish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Because Act III was so strong, I'm pretty certain that we can now officially categorize Dr. Horrible as something at least slightly greater than a phenomenon.

    And, uh, yeah, Star Trek was bad because it was on television...I think. Also, it used words. Words are so bourgeois.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi XD,

    Yeah, don't you just hate it when people use all them words and stuff and things on the TV? Where do they get off doing that?

    And yes, I think Dr Horrible has surpassed that-word-I-can't-spell but I'm struggling to find a word for what it is...Megalith? No. Megawonderful? Indeed. Megadeath? Well....great band and it fits in with the end of Act III but I'm not sure it's right...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think the "M" word you are looking for is "Megatop Phoenix" from Big Audio Dynamite which, at the very least, more accurately portrays my feelings toward the expedition formerly known as Dr. Horrible.

    "Lost our map and compass, canteen's got a hole, David took Goliath, a little rock and roll..."

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, I think we have a winner in our 'What's the word' competition! Of course, everyone who took part is a winner, too. In their own way. Except that guy over there.

    ReplyDelete