Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Things that passed me by...

Isn't it weird how the world doesn't stop, even when you do?
I've missed a lot, that's for sure. Some of it has gone forever but that's ok, I'm in the mindset to go with the flow. There's a few things, though, that I'd like to bring to your attention. Chances are you know about them already (you being so discerning and all), but it doesn't hurt to post about them.

Felicia Day Watch Updates
So many things going on for our favourite actress/writer/producer at the moment! Here's some recent highlights:

The Guild Season 1: Pre-orders are now being taken! You can order Season 1 via WatchTheGuild.com and if you do pre-order before August 1st there's free shipping (sweet!). Look out for the brilliant, exclusive extras available that include never-before-seen gag reels, interviews, commentaries and subtitles. I ordered mine and then realised I was sending it to the wrong address - Doh! I can't get used to this technology stuff, it was totally my fault for not updating PayPal with the right details. But thanks to Felicia it's actually going to be sent out to the right address - she really cares!

EPIC FU of the week - it's Felicia. Now I know everyone is busy busy busy but if you are in any way interested in why I seem to be slightly (!) obsessed with Ms Day, this is a good place to start. The interview goes to the heart of what makes her special and why The Guild and Doctor Horrible are so important. If you have any interest in the Internet/TV/movies, watch this interview. Yes, I guess that does mean all of you. And because of that interview she also makes the front page of Revision3.com, which is pretty cool.

Which brings us to the next part - Doctor Horrible!

Doctor Horrible Official website is up!
The next exciting news is that there is now a great trailer to watch AND a schedule of release dates for the 3 episodes. There was an in-depth article on TVGuide.com:

"Dr. Horrible, written during the writers' strike and filmed in six days this spring "on favors and waivers" by a crew of longtime Whedon loyalists, will be streamed for free in what Whedon cheerfully calls an "Internet miniseries event" on the show's official website (www.drhorrible.com) in three chapters. Part 1 will be available Tuesday, July 15, with the following segments (each roughly 14 minutes) available July 17 and 19. All three parts will stay up only through July 20, but deals are currently underway to make it available for downloading shortly thereafter."

Looking at the calendar that's - eek! - less than a week away. Joss Whedon, Felicia Day, Nathan Fillion, Neil Patrick Harris, cast of tens - this is one Internet Event you really don't want to miss.

Can't Stop The Serenity - Jewel Staite answered my question!
We had such a great time at the Vancouver Serenity Screening, I can't thank Serena, Gayle and all the other organisers enough. I'm just sorry that I couldn't Blog about it before now due to recent events. I'm going to do a full post about it next week but for now just this little teaser - I have the answer to a question very close to Firefly/Serenity fans' hearts (but no, it doesn't have anything to do with a new film/series - sorry!).

And Finally (but not least)
Thank you again for all your well-wishes, stories, comments and prayers. It makes things easier to deal with when you know you are not alone and it has proved to me again that 'virtual' friends are friends in a very real sense. I'm glad that I decided to share the news. I hope that other people will see that they are not alone, and that things will get better.

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad you shared, too. My prayers had gotten boring (probably not to God, but I sure was nodding off). I offered a hundred for you sort of off-hand, but I was really glad to have done it (I think I told you I lost count at 55 or so, but I'm sure I went well over a hundred.)

    If nothing else, it feels really good to care for a fellow biped, even if they happen to be human. My misanthropy doesn't extend to your shore.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 100 is quite a lot, whichever way you look at it, so thanks indeed. I remember a little cartoon my Aunt had framed when I was little: 'Sudden prayers make God jump'.

    And maybe praying also keeps you out of trouble, too - how is your face, btw?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Face is fine. It was a temporary thing. It would be so funny if I could say it happened when I was praying, but nothing that lyrical. I hit it with stuck file drawer, of all things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my new favorite blog. You have excellent taste, sir.

    ReplyDelete
  5. XD: That is sort of lyrical, in the sense that I can imagine someone singing about it...hope it's feeling better, anyway.

    Austin: Thank you for your kind comments. I hope you visit again!

    ReplyDelete