Saturday, May 24, 2008

100th Post plus other stuff

Didn't think we'd make it this far.
Back in February when I started this little Blog I didn't have any idea. Did it show? Possibly. Why did I do it at all? Well, there were many reasons. I realised that there was a whole world of interest for me that was simply passing me by. After being a very early adopter of the Internet I had fallen by the wayside. I only used it as a tool for work and not for what it was meant to be - a big ole sandpit. This was prompted by watching 'Firefly' for the first time and realising there had been whole fan campaigns that I barely knew about. It was a call to action, and I jumped right in.

Still in the closet?
Back then I would have classified myself as a firm closet geek with no intention or desire to change that. But now? Well, in my online life I'm firmly out there, geeking it up with the rest of them, and enjoying it wholeheartedly. This is spilling out into my 'real' life and you know what, it's not that scary. Small steps, but I think it's progress. And after the Serenity Screening in Vancouver on 22nd June who knows what might happen? I might even tell my mum that I Blog :)

Things I like
I've made so many discoveries on the way, I'm not going to list them here (that would be what all those other posts are about....!). But here are some highlights:

I've meet great people, made some interesting and life-affirming discoveries and had a blast in the process. And a big 'Thank you' to all the people who have commented on my Blogs, it really has made all the difference - it's all about the interaction!

Is that it, then?
Looking at the above, it's almost as if I'm getting ready to bow out of the Blogging business. Well I'm not about to do that just yet - in fact, it feels like I've only just started! There is so much still left to do - my first Fan Screening is booked but what about my first Fan Convention? Setting up my own domain so I can host both Blogs there and getting my freelance writing website sorted, getting another Serenity movie made, winning on Halo....there is much to do.

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for including Kids Need to Read and The Softwire books on your "Things I Like" list. Your blog is always fun to read. Does that mean I am a geek? Congratulations on your 100th post! Keep on blogging! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Denise,

    Thanks for your kind comments. You're as geeky as you want to be :)

    Kids Need To Read is a wonderful foundation and the work you do is inspirational on many levels. And guess who finished 'Betrayal on Orbis 2' today....I started it yesterday and had to finish today, sunny day or not! P J really has a way of packing in the action while telling an intelligent and enjoyable story. 5/5!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! You finished reading Betrayal on Orbis 2! Once you start, it sure is hard to put down. I started one evening, then read it through the night the second evening. I just couldn't stop! I even jumped out of my chair during the space jumping incident. LOL!

    So glad you enjoyed it too, Higlet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So do I have you hooked? I'm so glad you liked the second Softwire book. Thank you!

    In the third book, JT is going to... ah, just teasing you!

    PJ

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Denise and PJ! Although it is a bit cruel to tease people like that, PJ....:)

    I've throughly enjoyed your books, PJ and I'm reviewing them as part of my Friday Review today. Roll on Book 3!

    ReplyDelete