Monday, May 12, 2008

Firefly/Serenity News and Blog Happenings

Firefly-fest on SciFi channel - plus more!
This Friday, May 16th, SciFi are showing the first eight episodes of Firefly, from 'Serenity, Part 1' to 'Jaynestown'. And then, if that wasn't enough, SciFi are later showing 'The Sarah Jane Adventures', 'Doctor Who Season 4' and 'Battlestar Galactica'. The DVD cannae take it Cap'n! Well, actually, it better had, or they'll be trouble....

New blog experiment
I've been blogging here now since 1oth February and hopefully posting my 100th blog later this week. It's been an exciting time for me, and I hope not too dismal for you. But you know how we geeks get. Blogger is great but...maybe WordPress is better. Felicia Day uses WordPress, and so do lots of other cool people...So a while ago I submitted to my completely imagined peer-pressure and started a WordPress account. I've posted my first 'real' article there today called 'Future Entertainment: Reviewing 'The Guild' and I would view it as a kindness if you stumbled over there and had a looky. If you told me what you think of it, that'd be even better. For now, though, I'm going to have a nice cup of tea.

2 comments:

  1. I used wordpress for a little while, and I've heard it's better than blogspot in some ways, but you can't customize the blog (you can, a little, you can upload a picture for the top, but you're mostly stuck with the templates they have)

    100th blog post! shiny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chiya,

    What I hadn't realised when I started the WordPress blog was that lots of the customisation you can do with it can only be done if you host the site yourself. So I'm wondering whether to take the plunge and do that.

    At the moment it's a bit experimental but if it takes off then I will have to make a decision! Did you keep up your WordPress blog or ditch it?

    I should hit 100th post by the end of the weekend, which feels like some sort of milestone.

    ReplyDelete